Community and Economic Development
Development and Real Estate
unique strategy targets the needs of a community comprised of both homeowners
and renters. In recent years, the construction of new business and housing
developments has successfully transformed this urban locale into a bustling
community, generating renewed interest in the area. Through housing and greening
efforts, the area has been substantially revitalized.
Benefits to Owning A LEED Certified Home
LEED homes offer numerous benefits to home owners, including lower energy and water bills, reduced greenhouse gas emissions, increased comfort, less exposure to indoor pollutants such as mold, mildew and other indoor toxins, and lower maintenance costs. Owners of LEED homes can feel good every day, in that that they are doing something substantial to lessen their contribution to environmental degradation.
Most important, these benefits are very affordable. The net monthly cost of owning a LEED home (i.e., mortgage payment plus utility bills) is comparable to that of the monthly cost of owning a conventional code-built home. - U.S. Green Building Council.
For more information about LEED for homes, please visit:
Homes For Sale
APM's History of Development includes:
- Construction of more than 210 units of affordable rental housing.
- Development of the Pradera Homes, 136 units of new construction for low and moderate - income families.
- Development of a 44,000 square foot commercial retail center, Borinquen /
Gateway Plaza which houses:
- Cousin's Supermarket
- TruMark Financial Credit Union branch at 5th & Berks, bringing the
first financial institution in over 50 years
APM's Current Projects include:
- Construction of Philadelphia's first Transit Oriented Development (TOD) project at the Temple University Regional Rail Station at 9th & Berks Streets. This $48 million dollar, mixed-use structure will house 164 units of rental properties and commercial retail space. This project will also be designed and constructed to meet the eligibilty requirements for Gold LEED certification.
- Construction of 13 award-winning, affordable Sheridan Street homes designed and constructed to meet the sustainable "Gold" building goals of the LEED for Homes Program, featuring state-of-the-art green technology and energy efficiencies.
- The beautification of 20 acres of land in Eastern North Philadelphia as part of our Vacant Lot Stabilization Plan
- Creating infrastructure and greenway improvement programs
- Creation of a pocket park at 5th & Berks Streets in collaboration with the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS)